Driver License Division - CDL Military Veterans
Beginning July 1, 2012 the Utah Driver License Division may waive the driving skills tests for military veterans applying for a CDL who meet the licensing qualifications, been honorably discharged in the previous 90 days and have operated a CMV during the immediate 2 year period preceding discharge.
The applicant must complete all of the following requirements to be eligible to have the CDL skills tests waived:
- Complete the application;
- Applicant must complete the CDL-ST WVR page 1, and the last commanding officer must complete the CDL-ST WVR page 2;
- Provide a DD214 or discharge papers showing evidence of honorable discharge within the previous 90 days;
- Provide a copy of a DA348, AF2293 or other equivalent document verifying certification for operating a commercial motor vehicle; and
- Pass all required knowledge testing
The transfer of School Bus (S) and/or Passenger (P) endorsements under this Waiver Program are prohibited.
If the applicant did not operate a vehicle with air brakes or a manual transmission an air brake restriction and automatic transmission will be added to the Utah CDL.
If order to remove these restrictions the driver will need to complete the road test in a representative vehicle.
[Last Update - Tuesday, 06-Aug-2013 13:15:34 MDT]