Driver License Division - CDL Renewal and Duplicate
Renewing your CDL
- Appear at a CDL Driver License Office;
- Complete the driver license application (you can fill out and print the application ahead of time online and bring with you);
- Photo will be taken;
- Pass the eye test;
- Complete the medical questionnaire;
- Provide proof of birth, full social security number, current Utah driver license, and if your residence has changed from what is on your current driver license, or you don't have your current driver license in possession, you will be required to provide two proofs of your Utah residence. Visit Documentation Needed page for what is acceptable proof; and
- Submit a nonrefundable fee of $40.00 plus $7.00 for each endorsement on the license.
- A 25 question written test may be required if you have had more than 4 citations in 5 years, have been suspended or revoked, or your license has been expired for more than 6 months.
- Complete the Hazmat or School Bus written test if you have those endorsements on your current license.
- Complete the CDL Medical Self Certification and provide a current DOT card if needed, click here for more info.
You can renew your Utah driver license 6 months prior to the expiration date. If your Utah driver license will expire while you are temporarily out of state, you can renew your Utah driver license more than 6 months prior to the expiration date if you provide proof that you will be absent from the state during the six-month period prior to the expiration date of your license. You will also need to provide the required documentation for the renewal process.
Duplicate CDL - to update new address
If you have moved to a new residence you must obtain a Utah driver license with your new address, you can appear at any of our driver license offices to obtain a duplicate driver license for $18.00. If your license will expire within the next 6 months, you can renew your driver license for $40.00 and follow the requirements above.
[Last Update - Monday, 21-Oct-2013 14:53:19 MDT]