Driver License Division - Obtaining a Copy of Your Driving Record
Reports on a person's driving record (also known as a Motor Vehicle Record or MVR) shall be released by the Utah Driver License Division to requesters who qualify under the permissible uses of the Driver Privacy Protection Act (DPPA).
For a list of the permissible uses, click here.
For an MVR Fact Sheet, click here.
- Qualifying high volume requesters are encouraged to contact Utah.gov or contact them by phone at 801.983.0275 to request a large number of driving records.
(If your driver license number begins with a zero, you do not need to enter the zeros.)
How to obtain a copy of your driving record (MVR) in person:
- visit one of our driver license offices or administrative office;
- fill out form DLD60 for a regular or CDL driving record and pay a fee of $6.00 to the examiner; or
- for a certified MVR, you will need to visit our Administrative Office at 4501 S 2700 W 3rd floor in Salt Lake City (Calvin Rampton Complex), fill out form DLD60 and form DLD266, pay a fee of $10.75. (Certified MVR may take 2 or more weeks to process.)
To obtain a driving record for someone other than yourself in person you must qualify under the permissible uses outlined in DPPA. Please use form DLD60b for regular driver (driver's signature must be notarized.) CDL driving record can only be released to the driver or the employer with a notarized release. For requestors that qualify under permissible use 1, 4, 6, or 8, please use form DLD60a.
If you are living outside the state and need a copy of your driving record, complete the required form, and submit the MVR fee of $6.00. Once the form is received we will mail back a copy of your driving record.
- for an individual who is a regular or CDL driver and wants their MVR complete form DLD60.
- CDL employer or potential CDL employer who needs a driver's CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b. (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized.)
- insurance agencies or employers to get a regular or CDL MVR, fill out form DLD60b.
- any other requestor to get a regular MVR, fill out form DLD60b. (Requires the driver's signature to be notarized.)
- a requestor who qualify's under permissible use 1, 4, 6 or 8, please use form DLD60a.
Send your request to:
Department of Public Safety
Driver License Division
PO Box 144501
Salt Lake City, Utah 84114-4501
For more information you may call Customer Service at 801.965.4437 or Toll Free at (888) 353.4224.[Last Update - Friday, 08-Mar-2013 16:25:36 MST]