State Fire Marshal - Life Safety House
Resources / Lending
The Life Safety House is a great tool for teaching many fire and life safety topics. Each Life Safety House is equipped to teach:
- Fire escape from a standard bedroom with the use of smoke, smoke alarms, and a heated door;
- Kitchen fire prevention and safety with the use of a stove, pan, toaster, sink, microwave, and fire extinguisher;
- Injury prevention, including burns, poison, drowning, firearm safety, seatbelt use, and helmet use;
- Fireplace safety;
- Match, lighter, and candle safety;
- Alarms - carbon monoxide, smoke alarms and smoke alarms with strobe.
A minimum of three (3) people is suggested and a maximum of seven (7) students in each room is recommended. Houses are approximately 30 feet in length and need a nearby power source or the attached generator can be used. Houses are ADA compliant if the provided ramp is used.