State Fire Marshal - Home Fire Sprinkler Systems
Fire Information & Programs
Total Fire Safety System
The best protection from home fire is to make sure a fire never starts. When there is a fire, the best protection is a total system of safety: early warning (smoke alarms), suppression (home fire sprinklers) and prompt evacuation (practiced fire drills).
Home fire sprinklers operate individually, in response
to the high temperature of a fire.
- Home fire sprinklers save lives.
- Sprinklers activate by high heat only, not from smoke or cooking vapors.
- Sprinklers operate individually, in response to the high temperature of a fire.
- Sprinklers provide safe and reliable protection of lives and property.
- Sprinklers do not significantly increase the cost of a new home and add value.
- View the Live Fire Exercises
- Click here to visit the national fire sprinkler campaign: Fire sprinkler Initiative: Bringing Safety Home