State Fire Marshal - Public Education
Resources / Lending
Home Fire Sprinklers
Home Fire Sprinkler Education is a timely and fun focus for the next year. Let’s educate the public on what sprinklers do, what they do not do and how they work.
One way to get the word out is through the media. When you report a fire to the media, include if the building had working alarms and sprinklers or not, just like you report if someone was wearing a seatbelt or a helmet.
The State Fire Marshal’s Office is happy to submit a joint media release with your agency. Contact Stan Robins at 801-284-6356.
- Every fire department in Utah should receive a free home fire sprinkler display
box before Fire Prevention Week. This lightweight box can be used to explain how firesprinklers work, how they are installed and how they look when installed. They can be used in any setting, even station tours.
- These aren’t about trying to get an ordinance passed. These are about explaining this life saving fire safety system to people in your jurisdiction so they understand how and when they work.
Curriculum and Talking Points
- Utah flyer ready to print yourself (coming soon)
- Download brochure to print from Home Fire Sprinkler Coalition
- Become a “Built for Life Fire Department” and request brochure