Highway Patrol - Mission and Values of the UHP
During the spring of 1993, the administration of the Utah Highway Patrol adopted a mission statement and six values representing the six points of the badge.
The mission of the Utah Highway Patrol is to provide quality police services and to protect the constitutional rights of all people in Utah.
The values of the UHP are integrity, professionalism, service, knowledge, teamwork, and courage. Value statements for each of these points are as follows:
- We are sincere and honest.
- We fulfill every promise and commitment.
- We are above reproach in dealing with the public, fellow officers, and ourselves.
- We will exceed all standards set forth by our profession.
- We allow only those of exemplary character to enter or remain in our ranks.
- We present an appearance that inspires confidence in our ability.
- We will meet the police service needs of every person we encounter.
- We serve the people of the state of Utah by enforcing the law impartially, consistently, and without discrimination.
- We deliver service that reflects a concern for the quality of life in our communities.
- We will continually improve our performance through education and training.
- We recognize our profession is changing and vow to stay on the cutting edge.
- We encourage continuous education to maximize individual and organizational development.
- We are united in purpose and effort.
- We share ideas and information through open and honest communication.
- We are accountable to our community and to our fellow officers.
- We face danger with confidence, resolution, and bravery.
- We face hardship resolute in our commitment to serve.
- We make decisions based on our organizational values.