POST - Emergency Vehicle Operations Instructor
This course provides training for development of Emergency Vehicle
Operations (EVO) instructors.
The curriculum includes: defensive driving, skid control, vehicle dynamics, evasive techniques, highway response, night
driving, and pursuit driving techniques. Emphasis will be placed on identifying risks and modifying driving behaviors.
Each applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Ability to instruct fellow officers
- Excellent language skills
- Excellent peripheral vision, depth perception, and no night blindness
- Reaction time of 2 seconds or better
- Ability to divide mental tasks (coordination)
- Minimum of three years experience driving a patrol vehicle
- A letter from the Department Head or his/her designee verifying qualification of the
officer/applicant, submitted to the In-Service training office no later than two weeks before
the first day of the course
Officers who successfully complete the course will be recognized as POST certified EVO instructors for two years.
- Attention: Due to the demand for this course, a one week cancellation is required, if you are registered and fail to cancel at least one week (7 days) prior to the first day of class you will not be considered for this training for a period of one year. This is to consider those that are on a wait list and to also fill the class.
- To apply for this course, candidates should have their Agency Administrator or Training Coordinator register them for the training through the POST Portal at www.post.utah.gov or contact Sheryl Allums at POST at email@example.com.
- This course is limited to 24 students.
- No more than two officers per department may register for this course.
- Course length is 100 hours.
|April 1-5 2013
||POST EVO Range||0900||Completed|
|April 14-18, 2014||POST EVO Range||0900||Closed/FULL|
|November 10-14, 2014||POST EVO Range||0900||Open|
Last updated: June 19, 2012 1:14 PM[Last Update - Friday, 21-Mar-2014 16:30:53 MDT]