POST - Patrol Rifle Instructor
This course is designed to teach patrol rifle concepts. The officer will be instructed in the basic care of the rifle. The officer at the completion of this course will be able to effectively and efficiently manipulate a rifle in a law enforcement/ tactical encounter.
This course is designed to teach the basics of the urban rifle as an instructor. Areas of emphasis include range safety, rifle training concepts and rifle qualification. Creating a lesson plan is covered in instructor development that is required prior to attending this course.
Areas of Emphasis:
- Safety rules/ Range etiquette
- General principle of tactical shooting
- Primary concepts of the patrol rifle
Due to the high demand for this course, agencies will be limited to (2) officers per session. In the event that the class does not completely fill, we will allow agencies to reserve additional officers.
****This course is limited to 30 students, with a minimum of 15 to hold the class.
- To apply for this course, candidates should have their Agency Administrator or Training Coordinator register them for the training through the POST Portal at portal.utahpost.org or contact Sheryl Allums at POST at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A letter confirming the officer's position in the class will be sent to the department's training supervisor.
Officers attending the Patrol Rifle Instructor course must come with the following equipment and ammunition:
- Fully functioning and zeroed rifle with iron sights and sling
- Handgun, duty belt, etc.
- 3 mags. for rifle/mag pouches
- Eye, ear protection and hat required
- Knee and elbow pads
- Ballistic vest
- 1500 rd's rifle ammunition
- 200 rd's handgun ammunition
- Shooting mat or rug
Water, sunscreen and clothing appropriate for the weather.
***Dress code for attending POST classes is a neat, clean, and professional appearance. Slacks, shirts with collars, and/ or department uniform can be worn (not required on the ranges) No shorts, cut-offs, open toed shoes, sweats, tank tops, or t-shirts are permitted.
- Rifle optic
- Rain gear
- Sunglasses and other items
- Binoculars or scope
|September 16-20, 2013||Monday at POST, Tues-Fri at Camp Wms. POST address is 410 West 9800 South, Sandy Utah.||0800||Closed/Full|
|May 5-9, 2014||Monday at the St. George Police Department located at 265 North 200 East in St. George, Utah.||0800||Closed/FULL|
|June 2-6, 2014||Monday at POST, Tues-Fri at Camp Wms. POST address is 410 West 9800 South, Sandy Utah.||0800||Closed/Full|
|September 15-19, 2014||Monday at POST, Tues-Fri at Camp Wms. POST address is 410 West 9800 South, Sandy Utah.||0800||Closed|
Last updated: March 26. 2013 14:45[Last Update - Tuesday, 16-Sep-2014 16:06:38 MDT]