POST - Physical Fitness Requirements
Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Entrance Standard
The entrance requirement is required for entrance into the POST academy. You will need to check with your academy to verify if they require an entrance test.
- Vertical Jump (15 inches)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Vertical Jump
- Sit-Ups (25 Reps-One Minute)
Watch Video On How To Perform a Sit-ups
- 300 Meter (70 Seconds)
- Push-Ups (16 Reps -Maximum repetitions with no time constraint and no rest during this phase of the test)
Watch Video On How To Perform Push-ups
- 1.5 Mile Run (15:37)
The procedure and order for testing is recommended as follows:
- Warm up for 3 minutes; perform the Vertical Jump test and rest for 2 minutes.
- Perform the One Minute Sit Up test and rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the 300 Meter Run, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Perform the Maximum Push Up test, then rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Do the cardio-warm up for 2 to 3 minutes, then perform the 1.5 Mile Run and cardio-cool down for 5 minutes.